The Firefly is an electric bike you attach to a manual wheelchair.
It uses 4 self-locking ball-joints for quick and easy attachment.
By attaching the Firefly your manual wheelchair becomes an electric wheelchair, thereby allowing for greater range and speed.
The Firefly is designed primarily for use outdoors and has a maximum reach of 30 km. It runs forward and backwards.
Due to its small turning radius though, it can also be used indoors in, for example, public buildings, shopping malls and rehabilitation centers.
The Firefly is developed by Rio Mobility in San Francisco.
• The mounting and removing of the Firefly is done quickly and easily.
• The Firefly turns your manual wheelchair into an electric wheelchair.
• The Firefly fits on most manual wheelchairs.
• The F (= Fast) version of the Firefly has a max speed of 18km/h or 12 km/h.
• The S (= Slow) version has a max speed of 15km/h or 8 km/h and a tuning screw to determine the max. speed of your own choice.
*See more here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4jESFIbAS0
Learn more here http://riomobility.com/en/powerhandcycle/firefly-features.html